Last reviewed: 17/03/2023
Blue Coast Surf & Paddle acknowledges its position within the local community and its duty of care to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and vulnerable adults in our care. We commit to ensuring our safeguarding practice reflects statutory responsibilities, government guidance and complies with best practice and our governing bodies' guidance and requirements.
Safeguarding is everyone's responsibility and there is an expectation that all employees, subcontractors, and volunteers understand their individual responsibility and duty of care, ensuring an appropriate and proportionate response to any safeguarding concerns or allegations. The owner of Blue Coast Surf & Paddle is the safeguarding lead and holds overall responsibility for the the implementation of the policy.
Blue Coast Surf & Paddle will:
• promote and prioritise the safety and wellbeing of children, young people and vulnerable adults
• ensure all staff / subcontractors / volunteers undertake a Protecting Vulnerable Groups check (PVG scheme) or Disclosure Scotland check to prevent the employment of unsuitable persons
• ensure everyone understands their roles and responsibilities in respect of safeguarding
• promote the sharing of relevant knowledge and arrange suitable training for staff to improve individual understanding and awareness of safeguarding issues
• ensure appropriate action is taken in the event of incidents/concerns of abuse and support provided to the individual(s) who raise or disclose the concern
• ensure that confidential, detailed and accurate records of all safeguarding concerns are maintained and securely stored
This policy will be reviewed on an annual basis.