Bookings are primarily taken through our online booking system, where payment is required to make booking. We also take bookings in person, by email, or by phone, where we will provide instructions and options for payment. We advise booking in advance to avoid being disappointed.
Full payment is required at the time of making any bookings. Bookings will only be confirmed once full payment has been received. The person making the booking accepts responsibility for payment for everyone listed on the booking.
We accept cash, card or BACS payment.
The prices printed on the website or on other media are valid at the time of publication. Blue Coast reserves the right to increase or reduce any of the prices any time after publication. Any changes will be made clear at the time of booking. All bookings made before the price change will be honoured at the original price.
Lesson & tour start times are subject to change, and we confirm our schedule weekly based on the conditions forecast. We run morning and afternoon sessions and all time changes will be based around this, however please be aware that your specific start time may change. We will contact you if there is any change to the exact start time of your booking.
If any named person or group on the booking need to cancel once it has been confirmed, we will provide a hassle-free, 100% refund if you give us 48 hours' notice before your activity start time.
Inside of 48 hours, we've already arranged instructors for your visit and can't easily fill your slot, so we cannot offer a refund in that case.
• Less than 48 hours - no refund
• 48 hours or more - 100% refund or future credit
We offer special pricing for large group bookings (6+ participants). For these bookings we arrange instructor cover well in advance. If a group booking needs to cancel the following cancellation policies will apply depending on the amount of notice given prior to the activity start time:
• Less than 1 week - no refund
• Less than 2 weeks - 75% refund
• 2 weeks or more - 100% refund or future credit
If you book for over 6 persons and receive special pricing and later need to cancel a portion of your group bringing the number of participants to below 6, the pricing will revert to our standard lesson pricing.
Flat & Extreme Conditions
We schedule our lessons around reliable weather & wave forecasts, however conditions can change very quickly and this can be unpredictable. The safety of our clients is of the highest importance to us and we will never run lessons in unsafe conditions. If we deem conditions are not appropriate on the day we will try to contact you in advance. In the very rare event that we have to cancel a lesson we will:
• Rearrange for another day / give a credit voucher for an equivalent future booking
• Offer you an alternative activity if conditions allow
• Give a full refund
Future credit will be valid for 1 year from the original booking date. Refunds will be processed within 30 days from the day of the cancellation.
Course participation & liability
The activities of surfing, stand up paddleboarding, coasteering, and sea kayaking carry a degree of risk both to people and property, even if enjoyed under proper supervision by qualified instructors.
Our lessons carry moderate risk of minor cuts and bruises and a very small risk of a more serious incident. However, all our instructors follow robust training and procedures to reduce these risks as far as possible without impeding adventurous nature of the activity.
All customers participating in lessons must make the school aware of any medical conditions, illnesses or allergies which might affect the customers ability to safely participate in the lesson or course. Parents or guardians must sign in for participants who are under 18 years of age. In certain groups where applicable a group leader/guardian can sign i.e. schools, teachers can sign on behalf of the group.
No one should participate in a lesson if pregnant or suffering from a heart condition.
In no circumstances should participants be under the influence of any alcohol, drugs or medication at the time of the lesson which may adversely affect their physical abilities. Participants must agree to abide by all instructions and guidance offered by Blue Coast Surf & Paddle staff.
All participants must be able to swim unaided to take part in surf lessons, and be able to swim 50 metres to take part in paddleboard, coasteering and sea kayaking activities.
Participants will have the use of Blue Coast Surf & Paddle equipment during their lessons. We take all reasonable measures to ensure the safety and good condition of our equipment, however participants are responsible for immediately reporting any damage caused to the equipment or which becomes apparent whilst the equipment is in their possession.
The company does not seek to limit or exclude any liability for personal injury or loss of life which may occur as a result of its own negligence or that of its employees, officers or agents however, the school assumes no liability in respect of personal injury, loss, damage, consequential loss or third party claims which occur through no fault of its own, its employees, officers or agents. All other liability or conditions implied by law are excluded to the fullest extent possible.
Photography / Videography
Blue Coast staff or subcontractors may photograph or video surf lessons for our promotional purposes. By agreeing to participate, you agree to allow us take photographs or video. You will be given the option to provide or decline consent for us to use your photos and videos for our promotional and marketing activities in your lesson registration form.
Gift or Credit Vouchers
Vouchers are valid for one year from the date of purchase / original booking. Please note, vouchers are non-refundable.
In addition to the above booking terms and conditions, the following terms apply to equipment hires.
• All hirers must be able to swim 50 metres.
• You must demonstrate an understanding of the relevant conditions for your chosen activity, including weather, swell, and rip currents.
• SURF - If paddling out back, you must demonstrate an understanding of wave and surf etiquette.
• SURF - Surf hires will take place at Cullen Beach. You must have written permission to surf in another location (risk assessed by our instructors).
• SUP - You must demonstrate a competent paddling ability. This means being able to confidently control the direction of your board and make steady progress, self-rescue, and show an understanding of wind effect.
• SUP - You will discuss your proposed paddling location and the conditions with an instructor prior to your hire. If intending to paddle in exposed waters, you must carry a communication device such as a VHF radio or phone in a waterproof case.
• Under 16s must have adult supervision whilst hiring equipment.
• You must ensure prior to hiring that you are not under the influence of alcohol or drugs, and are not suffering from any medical condition that would make it dangerous to participate.
• You will not be supervised while you hire equipment and you are responsible for your own wellbeing in the sea. If you are in doubt, please consider taking a lesson.
We reserve the right to refuse hire to any customer if we consider that any of the above conditions are not likely to be met or we consider the prevailing surf or weather conditions to be unsafe. We will never hire out equipment in unsafe circumstances or conditions.
Conditions of hire:
• Hirers must provide a valid piece of photographic ID. We will accept a valid driving licence or passport. Your ID will be stored safely for the duration of your hire and returned upon the return of the equipment.
• For multi-day hires or hires where you intend to take the equipment to another location, we may hold a security deposit on your payment card, which will be returned in full to you upon return of the equipment. This will be discussed with you at the time of booking.
• Rented equipment returned after the time period of rental has expired will be subject to further charge.
• Equipment will be returned in a satisfactory undamaged condition. The customer agrees to compensate Blue Coast for any and all loss of or damage to hired equipment, including (if required) the replacement of the hired equipment.
Blue Coast is a reseller of watersports equipment - which is subject to any warranty offered by its manufacturer. Sandbanks Style Inflatable Paddleboards are covered by a 5 Year Warranty.
Surfboards are warranted to be made from high-quality materials and finish. However, because of the nature of the sport of surfing, no guarantees against damage or breakage of surfboards are offered or implied. This does not affect your statutory consumer rights.
• Orders with a total value of below £50 - £3.95 Royal Mail First Class Postage
• Orders with a total value of above £50 - FREE Insured Courier Delivery
Order Acceptance Policy
All orders are subject to stock availability. If your desired items are not in stock, we will contact you about whether you would prefer to await restocking of the item or if you would prefer for us to process a refund.
Your receipt of an electronic or other form of order confirmation does not signify our acceptance of your order, nor does it constitute confirmation of our offer to sell. Blue Coast Surf & Paddle reserves the right at any time after receipt of your order to accept or decline your order for any reason.
Returns must be unused in their original packaging and in a resalable condition. All purchases (with the exception of Photography Prints which are non-refundable) made directly online at bluecoastcullen.co.uk are covered by a 14 day exchange or refund guarantee (Please note refunds are made back to the original card the transaction was made with).
For return and refund enquiries please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will be responsible for the item or items until they reach us. For your own protection, we suggest you use a secure delivery method, which requires a signature upon delivery. Products must be returned in their original condition including tags & packaging.
If goods are not returned in the condition in which you received them we reserve the right to refuse such returns or exchanges. Please make sure items returned for any reason are packaged in the original box with the additional packaging material used. Blue Coast Surf & Paddle will not be responsible for return damage in transit to items not packed adequately. We will refund you any money you have paid us for the product(s) being returned, or provide you with a same cost alternative if required. The original postage cost is not refundable under normal circumstances, and Blue Coast Surf & Paddle is not responsible for the cost of return postage under normal circumstances.
If you return an item to us that is faulty, we will pay for the cost of the return postage.